Friday, October 10, 2008

Has Gas prices gone down in your area?

Gas prices have gone down in Hampton Roads this week? I have seen 2.82 to 3.21 as the lowest prices in the area. I almost wrecked my car making a last minute turn into a gas station I was quickly passing. I was fascinated that my corner station had dropped from 3.31 to 3.19 over night. As a premium consumer every penny counts. According to The Hampton Roads Pilot online,


Gas prices are falling - like a rock.


In Hampton Roads, the average price per gallon of regular gas fell to $3.29 today, according to auto club AAA's Fuel Gauge Report. That's down more than 40 cents from post-Hurricane Ike prices last month, which soared above $3.70 per gallon.


The national average also fell to $3.35 a gallon today as oil prices dropped to about $80 per barrel, the lowest price in a year.


The financial crisis is largely responsible, said Mary Novak, managing director of energy services for Global Insight, an economic forecasting firm.


Maybe some small good can come from this depressing period of financial craziness. Its a shame that 3.19 is looking real good right now. I am kicking my self for not buying a Hybrid vehicle when I had the chance, My husband has parked his SUV and is now cruisin a motorcycle, I make consolidated trips to run many errands at once instead of going back in forth and all over town for something. In what ways have you cut back? Have the gas prices in your area gone down?



Dee Dee Jones


The Hampton Roads Real Estate Lady


www.DJonesSellsHomes.com

No comments: