All about Real Estate in Northern VA, Maryland & Washington DC Metro areas.
Contact me for all you real estate buying and selling needs in DC Metro areas. Referrals Ok!
SEARCH FOR HOMES AT: DJonesRealEstate.com
Friday, October 30, 2015
NOVA DMV Fall Must Do Home Maintenance Tips
Simple Fall tasks can save you from more expensive repairs over the next few months and will keep your DC metro home in great shape.
1. Take care of hoses and faucets: Disconnect your hoses before the freezing temperatures arrive, because they can cause water to back up in your faucets and eventually cause the plumbing to crack. If possibble, shut off the valves for your exterior faucets.
2. Winterize the lawn mower: Either run the mower dry, or use a fuel stabilizer to prevent the gas in your mower from degrading and damaging the engine.
3. Clean the gutters: Twigs and leaves will build up in your gutters throughout the fall. Make sure to clean the gutters before there’s heavy snow, because the weight of both the leaves and the melting snow could cause the gutters to break away from the house. This winter in Washington DC metro areas are expected to have a large snow fall accumulation.
4. Get the furnace ready: Your best bet is to call in a professional to give the furnace a tune up, but at the very least you should change the filters. Find a good company, check your county’s best of best list.
5. Inspect the roof: As snow accumulates and melts from your roof, it can cause major water damage if the roof isn’t in good shape. Look for loose shingles, rust, moss—anything that could lead to decay or water damage. It’s best to be proactive with your roof repairs can be extremely expensive—so don’t hesitate to call a roofing professional if necessary. It’s worth it in the long run!
When you are ready to sell that home in Washington DC, Fairfax, or Prince William County contact GreatDCMetroHomes.net and Find out what your home is worth for Free!